Fancy a pint or two in one of the locals? Well, you're in luck because Spondon boasts a number of village watering holes!
Pub History: The original pub on this site was called the Canal Tavern, later changing its name to the Station Inn on completion of the railway in 1839.
The old Inn was demolished in 1929 when the current building was built 30 yards away and opened as the Moon Hotel. The pub name reverted back to its waterside roots as The Canal Turn following a refurbishment in 2015. In September 2019, it reopened under the new name of Alfie's Bar.
Tel: 01332 820286
Pub History: Bank Bar opened in 2011. Prior to that, it was formerly Gregory's Bar. It was briefly renamed 48's Sports Bar for a period but reverted back to Bank Bar in 2015.
91 Sitwell Street
Pub History: The Hoptimist is Spondon's newest public house, having opened in December 2021 in premises previously occupied by the Spondon Hardware shop on Sitwell Street.
The micropub specialises in real ales, specialist lagers and other drinks, all set in small and cosy surroundings.
Tel: 01332 674203
Pub History: There has been a public house on this site since at least the 1300s, with the original malting house being recorded as the source of the Spondon Fire in 1340.
The premises have been rebuilt twice with the original part of the existing building dating back to the 18th century. The pub is popular for its cosy "snugs" in the older part of the building.
Prince of Wales
7 Chapel Street
Tel: 01332 661790
Pub History: Situated on the existing site since the early 1700s.
Tel: 01332 667869
Pub History: The original inn, called the Bricklayers Arms, was situated next to where the current premises are. Later, two cottages were joined together on the existing site to form an Inn. It was known as the Vernon Arms in 1899 and was sold to Burton's Ind Coope brewery in 1959.
2 Moor Street
Tel: 01332 545940
Pub History: One of the most familiar sights in Spondon, the White Swan sits overlooking Spondon village centre at the junction of Sitwell Street, Chapel Street and Moor Street. Records show that the Swan has existed under that name and in its current location since the late 1700s.
Spondon Liberal Club
2 Moor Street
Tel: 01332 673755
Tel: 01332 673956